Monday, October 13, 2008
It has been a while
So.... I got back from La, and started school. The first day of school I sprained my ankle... I then healed up enough so that I can do my walk, only by God's grace was I still able to walk the walk. The walk was FUN, but hurt. The first day of the walk Tammy drove me to the Cow Palace for the opening ceremonies. After the opening ceremonies we walked from the Cow Palace to Krissy Fields, where camp was going to be. On the walk I saw many people dressed up in pink, actually men too. There were LONG lines for the Porto potties. We had many wonderful volunteers giving us as much water, Gatorade, and food that we could ever need. Also volunteers who crossed us at the street crossings, drove vans to pick up those of us who needed to give our feet a rest till the next pit stop. the first day i made it all the way to lunch then took the SAG bus to camp. At camp we set up the tents and decorated them. By the ways I won best tent decoration for my section. I then met the first aide people who helped my ankle and blisters from the first day. then we had dinner and karaoke. then lights out by 9:00. i think I was out by 8:30. The second day, we started at Krissy fields and went across the Golden Gate bridge. where I found Nelson and Cy ready to cheer me on. God really knew I needed that, I was ready to quit, but by them there it reminded me of why I was walking and that I have people supporting me. I thank God for His perfect timing. I walked though the small towns, took the sweep vans to pit stops and came back over the Golden Gate Bridge to camp at Krissy fields. for more first aid attention, dinner, entertainment and what I wanted most SLEEP. On the 3rd day we started at camp and went to the marina green, I did take the sweep vans a couple of time but was able to cross the finish line. I walked a total of 40 miles of the 60 miles. During the 3 days I meant a lot of wonderful people I meant survivors, relatives, other Christians, and I meant someone who was just diagnosed 2 weeks before this walk. I meant some one who had chemo 4 days before the walk. Wow some of these ladies and men are amazing. My sister picked me up and took me to Olive Garden for dinner. I now know what they meant by these walks being addicting I am already signed up to walk the next walk October 2-4, 2009. Here is my link for the next one http://www.the3day.org/goto/SusanMoritz. The week after my feet hurt from the blisters. I have also had a wonderful birthday. My co workers took me to lunch. I went for a walk and had dinner with some friends then had people over to my house for cake and ice cream. I got a lot of nice presents but what I thank God most for is the friends God has blessed me with. one of my goals for this year is to be better about posting stuff here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About me
- Susan
- Praise God I get to serve in the nursery, GTC (Generations to Come), CORE (Christ our Redeemer Exalted), and in the summer the Volleyball ministry. I am a Para Educator for the school district.
No comments:
Post a Comment