Monday, July 14, 2008

Fundraiseing update

I've been spending the past few months preparing for the event and have really made a lot of progress.
So far I've raised $742 towards my goal of $2200! Thanks to those of all of you who have donated!
My training is also going well. I've walked 45 miles in the last month. I can hardly wait to hit the route with the thousands of other women and men who are joining together for this common cause.
With only 53 more days till the event, there is still time for you to support my efforts with a donation. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment through Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.
Also with only 53 more days I have less time to train. If anyone wants to help me train by going on walk please let me know when. I am going to need to get a lot of walking in.
Just in case you do not know why I am walking it is for one of my sisters who is a survivor. She had breast cancer at the age of 17. Also walking for others including co-workers and family members of some of my friends. For the walk I am going to make pink ribbons and put the names of people I am walking for on them. I will wear the ribbons all 3 days of the walk. If you would like me to wear someones name please let me know.
If you can donate please go to my 3day web page at:

http://08.the3day.org/goto/SusanAMoritz
If you would prefer to send in a check please down load the form (you can find this form on that same page) and add my name participation# and San Francisco to the memo line. My participation # is 2069661. Please mail it before August 1st, and if you donate online please before September 1st.
Thank you for your support. And remember every penny helps.

No comments:

About me

Praise God I get to serve in the nursery, GTC (Generations to Come), CORE (Christ our Redeemer Exalted), and in the summer the Volleyball ministry. I am a Para Educator for the school district.

Followers